Friday, June 15, 2012

Kicked in the butt and back on track!

I know I post about the right way the eat, the best way to exercise, the products that make it easier, and how much I LOVE to workout, but alas, even I hit roadblocks along the way!  I achieved some amazing results with the Ultimate Reset almost a month ago, I maintained my weight loss for 2 weeks, then I went on vacation.  I informed my inlaws that I was currently eating Vegetarian but if it was easier I could add a little meat back in... I quickly learned that it is tough for a meat lover to say no to BBQ lamb, ribs, steak, chicken curry, chicken stuffed pasta... night after night.  I took some recipes with me and had great intentions of buying beans, quinoa and some other staples to make some great meals but there was so much food already in the fridge and food is expensive in Hawaii!  I DID load my plate with veggies, avoid the chocolate covered macadamia nuts and drink my Shakeology, but that wine glass kept getting filled up and I have developed a strong love for Gin & Tonic!  The day before we came home we celebrated my son's birthday with the most decadent chocolate cake I have ever tasted (maybe because I hadn't had many sweets in a month) and it has taken me over a week to recover!  I know I have a weakness for baked goods but wow, I didn't realize it was quite so bad!  I have been over snacking since I got home, and that zucchini loaf I baked... well I ate almost a whole loaf myself in less than 24 hours!  I can see exactly where the 5 pounds has gone... right to the roll around my middle... which I had pretty much rid myself of before my vacation.  I have some dresses to rock next week and I have created myself a problem!

Last night was Turbo Kick class and I kicked myself back on track.  I love how I can burn a bazillion calories in one hour and I love how that feeling makes me not want to overeat!  I started today a plate of fresh fruit, then a great weight workout with ChaLEAN Extreme then a 20 min HIIT cardio with TurboFire.  4 thin crisp wasa crackers with almond butter followed by Tropical Shakeology for lunch (instead of hot dog and chips at my son's scout camp wrap up).  I am feeling refocused and ready to get back on track immediately (despite the craving for some red wine tonight).

I plan to enjoy myself at my Beachbody Summit meeting in Las Vegas... how could I not.  But I will also be exercising (with Tony Horton, Shaun T, Chalene Johnson & more), sharing healthy food with my fitness friends and burning some extra calories with evening dancing!

I look forward to adding my red wine back in upon my return and baking some zucchini bread to enjoy with some control and willpower.  Life is a balancing act.  We all need to find a way to make our health a priority but going overboard one way or another doesn't usually work.  Baby steps, adjustments and compromises will be necessary.  It is time to buckle up and get this show on the road.

I will be focusing my nutrition on Michi's Ladder to help me stay on track.  My Nutrition Challenge group I had planned for June 20th will be pushing back until July 2nd to allow for some preparation.  There are some basic ground rules for the challenge that I would love to share with you and lots of accountability to help you stay on track.  If you want to start focusing on you nutrition today then check out the Michi's Ladder guide and send me any questions you have.  Start by taking before photos and body measurements too so you have something to look back on and see your accomplishments!

If you want to really put a focus on your nutrition then check out the Ultimate Reset, which is truly an experience in getting your body on track that everyone should experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment