Sunday, June 3, 2012

Broccoli salad in Hawaii

I am enjoying a lovely family vacation in Hawaii right now! We are in a house with 3 families and so far am loving it. What could come up as an issue on day two? Food! There is a ton of healthy food in the fridge, I was able to enjoy a workout this morning, I even saw 3 turtles on a short snorkel trip! Dinner last night was delicious after a 7 hour flight but 4 cans of coconut milk and white rice? I suspect you have very little sympathy for me right about now!!! Tonight is BBQ lamb, did I mention I have been eating Vegan but LOVE BBQ lamb? No vegan tonight! There was a request for broccoli salad so I jumped to the rescue as we have no mayo in house and I refused to make it with mayo. Here is the recipe: Broccoli Salad 1/4 cup Greek yogurt 2 tbsp homemade balsamic vinaigrette 5 cups broccoli 2 tbsp sunflower seeds 1/4 cup raisins Combine yogurt and vinaigrette, toss to mix! I also added some feta cheese to please the masses :) Balsamic Vinaigrette 1 clove garlic 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tsp agave syrup 1/2 tsp salt 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette 2/3 cup olive oil Fresh herbs to taste I usually add a little less oil and some water! Blend in blender or with hand mixer. Toss into salad! Enjoy your healthy dinner!!! Let's get healthy together www.GetFitWithNicola.com

No comments:

Post a Comment