What don't I like? The tightness of my clothes after I have overindulged too many days in a row, my sore stomach from eating and drinking too much of that yummy food and cleaning up dried pine needles from the floor!
I think the LIKES outweigh the DISLIKES! PLUS I have a plan to make that even better this year, and no, I am not getting a fake tree!!! I am planning for success!!!
My love to eat... there are not many foods I do not enjoy (although I am not too fond of greasiness so I am fortunate there). I need to be aware of food that I consume, I need to be make sure I don't get so hungry I blow my plan, I need to make sure I support my goals and don't waste the time exercising for silly choices. Do I plan to avoid all of my favorite seasonal treats? NO WAY!!!
MY PLANS and SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS HOLIDAY SEASON:
- Eat slowly and be aware of portions!
- Make sure there are healthy choices - if I need to ask the host/ hostess then I will... I can always offer to bring a veggie plate if need be!
- Load up my plates on veggies... NOT creamy veggies, but steamed, grilled or roasted will be top choices.
- Make some new traditions. There are a TON of great recipes out there that lighten up our favorite foods. Hold back on the butter, the oil and the grease.... cut out some of that sugar... add some skim milk to your egg nog.... and add a family walk or other "moving" activity to your Thanksgiving day!
- Do not starve myself to "save" my calories for the feast! I am more likely to gorge because I am so dang hungry, and if there are appetizers I will more likely to eat all of the cheese platter or nut bowl and be too bloated for dinner anyways! Maybe I will watch my calories a little more closely during the day but going into a high calorie meal starving will only set me up for disaster!!!
- I enjoy baking and holiday treats so I will bake but I will also share my baked goods! Some for me and my family, some for gifts... we can all benefit!
- I will not stand by the buffet table and chat with friends while I nibble. I will put food on my plate and move away while I chat so I am not as tempted to refill, or at least know how many times I do refill!
- I will make good choices with my drinks. Avoiding high calorie drinks or lightening them up... and making sure I drink lots of water to keep myself hydrated!!!
If you are interested in joining my December Challenge group we are gearing up to start Shakeology, a fitness program and plan out our meals so we can fight the holiday bulge! I won't beat you up for making some seasonal choices BUT I will help you make some better decisions and stay accountable to your goals. Join me at www.GetFitWithNicola.com and let me know what your goals are!