Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Ultimate Reset - 21 days of much needed nutritional intervention!


Wow!  What a learning experience the past 21 days have been for me!  I have known for a long time that the reason I hadn't found my hidden 6-pack was not because I wasn't fit enough, it was because I treated myself a little too often!  I suspected that addiction to cereal had something to do with it... the love of nuts and dried fruit in the afternoon... the vanilla yogurt.  The Ultimate Reset involved cutting out all animal products, all processed foods, and even most grains and proteins in the final week.  I was not overly hungry due to the volume of veggies and fruit I was consuming, combined with healthy fats and fresh herbs for seasoning.  I did not feel deprived as my family enjoyed steak for dinner and ice cream for dessert last weekend, I felt refreshed, unbloated and rejuvenated.  I tried on a few pairs of shorts that a few weeks ago I struggled to close and now fit perfectly.  Upon completion I am still not drawn to the forbidden foods. I am slowly going to add some foods back into my diet... maybe some plain greek yogurt to go with my fruit for breakfast, perhaps some eggs and definitely some fish to enjoy with the family later this week!  and in a few short weeks I will surely find myself with a glass of red wine and perhaps an occasional morning coffee!
Something was causing a lot of belly bloat in the afternoons for me... I will try to figure that combination out so I can avoid future discomfort.

All in all I would highly recommend the Ultimate Reset to anyone who is trying to get their nutrition in order and to anyone who is interested in taking their body to another level in fitness and health.
Vegan meals will be a permanent fixture in my diet plan and I look forward to adjusting my families eating towards a similar focus as mine!

Are you looking for some simple ideas of how to eat a little more along the "Reset" lines?  Start with simple steps like making your own salad dressings... easy and delicious!
Creamy Garlic Dressing
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 3 cloves crushed garlic, 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, 1 tsp Himalayan salt, 1/2 tsp dijon, 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar.  Place ingredients in a blender and mix on medium high for 30 seconds or until well mixed.  Store in airtight container in refrigerator.  If dressing solidifies when cold, let sit at room temp until liquid, then stir.  Makes 8-10 servings.

Pick up some vegetables at a farmer's market and ask the farmer or google on how to prepare them!

Buy a packet of quinoa at Trader Joe's and follow the recipe on the back!  I have bought two different kinds there and LOVE both of the recipes! 

Buy a bag of Shakeology, drink it once a day for breakfast and see how much better you feel... if you aren't feeling better by day 20 I will help you get your money back!

Now is the time to make some changes... your body will thank you, your waist line will thank you, and your wallet will thank you when you save it major medical bills down the road!  YOU are the only one holding you back!

Join me at www.GetFitWithNicola.com and let me help you work towards a healthier and happier you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Nicole. What an amazing transformation in only 3 weeks. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete