Monday, May 14, 2012

14 of 21 days complete! 8 pounds gone!!!

When Beachbody started leaking information about the Ultimate Reset last year I was pretty sure it wasn't for me.  A cleanse?  Is that really necessary?  Some people say it is vital to clear toxins that accumulate in our bodies from the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat!  Others seem unsure that it is really necessary.  Here is what Beachbody has to say about the need.
This Spring as Beachbody prepared to release the Reset I realized that I have been in a rut for awhile.  My fitness is great- I recently completed P90X2 which I LOVED followed by Brazil Butt Lift and I enjoyed both programs.  I followed the food plans to a degree but I feel I make pretty healthy food choices and stock my home with great food.  Why then was I not losing the weight around my middle, why was I so easily irritated, why was I reaching for too many cups of coffee and waiting for that 5pm glass of wine?  It was time to take action.
Choosing a start date for the Reset was another challenge.  3 weeks where I could be in control of almost all of the meals I ate and little to no exercise!  The exercise one was a challenge as I teach Turbo Kick (very similar to TurboFire) and it requires a lot of moving - I realized I am away too much this summer to sub out my class so we have switched to low intensity for 3 weeks and we will make it work.  When it came to meals though, once June hits I am crazy for most of the summer so I backed my start date up to April 30th and it was ready, set, go...
Last week I wrote about the first 7 days, Phase 1 which you can read about here.

So, how has Phase 2 been?  Pretty darn good!  The Reset requires supplements (all natural) 4 times per day, with time gaps between eating to make sure your body gets ample time to absorb on an empty stomach.  This means if you are on the go, you need to plan!  This week we added detox... I heard so many comments about how hard this is to drink yet I kind of enjoyed it!  Tastes a little like Detox tea but it has some solids in it... swish and gulp, follow with more water!  Helped fill me up until my meal which I had to then wait 30 minutes for!
At the beginning of this week I was a little tired.  I had one day at the beginning where I was feeling a little foggy and again on day 14 I was lacking in energy.  Today I feel great!!!

What has changed for me since day 1?  8 pounds is gone and my summer shorts are all fitting great!  I am waking up feeling more refreshed in the morning... haven't had any of those big bags under my eyes that was not an uncommon sight 2 weeks ago.  My digestion is great.  No afternoon bloating that has been an occasional problem in the past. My mind is somehow clearer.  I am feeling the need to get things in order, not put things off until later, I have more focus.  I am less irritable.  Maybe it is not having to squeeze a workout into my schedule, maybe it is the focus I put into my meal creations, whatever it is, I am a little more calm and collected through the afternoon and evening.  I am truly enjoying making meals.  The recipes that come with the Reset are amazing.  I have followed every one of them, I have even incorporated a few into a Tea I hosted last week so I could enjoy eating with my friends... they loved it too!  I am truly excited to carry over my new passion for creating great meals rather than taking unhealthy short cuts and adding in even more fruits and vegetables.

In my final week I am looking to create even more peace in my life.  To get my office in a little better order and to make a plan for the next few months for my fitness, for keeping up my nutrition, for helping others with their nutrition and fitness and for helping my kids have an amazing summer!

What steps are you doing to move forward with your health and fitness?  I would love to help you find the tools to make your journey fun and efficient as well!

I am a SAHM to an 8 and 6 year old.  I volunteer, I do the accounting for my husband's business and I work hard to stay fit and healthy.  Beachbody allows me to work from home and helps me stay accountable to my own health and fitness while I work hard to help others focus on their health and fitness.  It is about paying it forward, spending a little time to better ourselves and enjoying the process.  I would love to help you, and I invite you to join me in helping me help others!  Learn more about Beachbody coaching here.

My Favorite Recipe in Phase 2 was the Sweet Potato & Roasted Red Pepper Bisque:
1 sweet potato
1/4 red bell pepper
1 cup vegetable broth or water
1 tsp finely grated peeled ginger root
1 1/2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp miso paste
Tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos, Himalayan salt & herbal seasoning to taste.
Peel and cube sweet potato.  Cook in boiling water until tender.  Drain and set aside.  Roast red pepper so you can remove skin.
Place potato, pepper, broth, ginger, oil and miso in blender, add liquid if necessary, reheat and voila!  Serves 1.
Big portion, healthy goodness, not too many ingredients.



No comments:

Post a Comment