Monday, July 5, 2010

Day One of Turbo Fire!

I am diving in to the new program to see what amazing results I can produce!  The last 2 months have been a bit wonky for me.  I started Insanity it January and planned my days around getting the workouts in while allowing time for teaching Turbo Kick!  When I completed Insanity in early May, I added in Brazil Butt Lift, RevAbs and P90X...but I didn't plan my schedule out in advance.  I played it day by day and somedays I had too much to do with my kids, some days I had too much to do with my house...slowly I lost some momentum and in the process my eating habits slid a bit too!  I stayed fairly healthy, but I added in some snacks with the kids, and while I was in Hawaii...aiy aiy aiy!!!  I don't think I ever felt the feeling of hunger, as I just ate and ate and ate!  So I find myself in the beginning of July back to where I was in January!  I wasn't in bad shape then and I am not in bad shape now, but I was within about 5 pounds and 1% body fat of six pack abs.  I was unselfconsciously wearing my bikini! Now I have backtracked through a few months of hard work!  I don't know if it was self sabotage or what, but I am back!  I am gearing up to hit Turbo Fire with all I have and I will take my nutrition along with me!  Although I have to admit, the exercise part is much easier for me than the food part.  I can eat healthy, I just have trouble eating small.  Fortunately I am allowed around 2000 calories a day, but man, can I get there quickly ;)  I am going to refocus on drinking lots of water (50% of my body weight in ounces a day) and adding a few stalks of celery to my lunch and afternoon snack-this really helped me feel fuller and keep off the snacking. Keep on my Shakeology and stay far away from cookies and tortilla chips...funny I thought the word cookie and remembered the box in my pantry...note to self, get those out of my house (no one else likes them anyway).
Day One of Turbo Fire went great today, I had already tried some of the HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts, but today was Fire 30 (just a really high paced and short Turbo Kick class) and stretch 30 plus I added some bicep curls, tricep dips, pushups and rows!  I will be adding a  Fan page to FB within the next week so I can add daily updates of my workouts, let you know how this program works for me, and compare the results to those of Insanity!
I am looking forward to playing with the upgraded nutrition planner on the Beachbody site, using some great recipes, and as well using the great selection of recipes that come with the Turbo Fire program!  That is an amazing thing with Beachbody, the programs cover fitness and nutrition.
Here is the preview of Turbo Fire, let me know if you would like more information on it!
nicolabx@beachbodycoach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment