Monday, May 10, 2010

Wondering how to start your fitness journey, or take it up a notch?

How did I begin my fitness transformation 3 1/2 years ago? I made a decision and I set some goals.

A good friend of mine told "we are joining the gym"! We both had two young children, we had both enjoyed fairly fit lives in the past, but we were now feeling trapped in the house with our children and we had allowed the baby weight to hold us back, and our youngest children were now old enough to be in childcare. This is not so uncommon a decision for people to make, to join the gym! We made a second plan though, we challenged each other and our friends to a weight loss competition! Largest percentage of weight lost in 3 months wins! I am a competitive kind of girl, so this was the way to get me working even harder at the gym and just as importantly, watching my calories at home! I won...I didn't manage to get any of the money I thought we had all committed to the challenge at the beginning, BUT---it was just in time for a vacation with my hubby and we went clothes shopping as I needed a new wardrobe!
When I had worked out in the past I had run on the treadmill, I had lifted a few weights, I had gone for bike rides, but this time was different!  I read magazines and listened to trainers and I learned how to really exercise!  You need to push your limits, you need to challenge yourself, you need to go outside your comfort zone if you want to see results.  Set a schedule and stick to your schedule and go go go!!!
This was 3 years ago now! When we started the challenge I weighed around 195. I planned to get to 180, the weight I had been through college and my twenties. As we were working at it though I thought, hey, why not shoot for 175. Well I busted through that 175 and slid to a halt at 170. I took my first step to holding my accountability by becoming an instructor at the gym.  I have taught Turbo Kick for 2 years now and I sub for PUMP and Interval classes!  Needing to stay fit enough to teach a roomful of people definitely motivates you to stay on top of your game :)
I held 170-175 for 2 years when I realized that I would like to lean up a bit more. My mother thinks I am too skinny, but that is because she has never known me under 180. I have never had a flat belly, I know I can get a flat belly if I just apply myself a little bit more, so why not? I missed out on being a fit teenager so why not be a super fit 36 year old :)
So in January I reapplied myself and branched out again by learning more about Beachbody. I started drinking Shakeology on a daily basis which increased my energy, helped reduce my cravings and made me feel better.  I bought Insanity, a high intensity cardio based at home program.  Between the two I was able to bring my body fat down 2% and take off another 8 pounds. I also signed up to be a Beachbody coach.  It was time to increase my accountability and to work towards my passion of helping others reach the goals I have reached...and am still reaching!  I can race my son down the street and sometimes win, I enjoy playing sports with my kids, I challenge my kids to race through the obstacle course at Pump it Up, I have more energy, I feel good... why not join me?  I wish I had learned of these products years ago as when kids are sick, when the gym is closed, when I am traveling, I can pop in a DVD and get my workout wherever I am!
Sign up on the Beachbody site and learn about the products, see what is available on the site and ask me questions.  It is FREE!!!  You can even log in your workouts, they can be any format and do not have to be a Beachbody product, and you can win up to $1000.  My coach won $1000 2 months ago!  You can learn more about Shakeology and try it for a month with a money back guarantee!  They have free shipping and a workout DVD offer if you sign up for the monthly plan!
Do you know what else I am looking for?  Some partners!  I need people to help me help others get fit!  If you sign up as a coach you get 25% off your products, you earn 25% for any sales you make AND you can help people and yourself get fit!  You don't need to be fit already to be a coach, you can make it a start to your journey...keep yourself accountable!  These are products that work!  Look at me, look at people on the site!  Let's help get America fit...and Canada too :)
Check out this Decide Video...I love it


No comments:

Post a Comment