Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How are those goals?

We are in the third full week of January 2010!  How is the new decade working for you?  You should have your feet and most of your body wet with your new routines (and the rain if you live in California ;)).  Now is about the time that people start to lose interest in these plans they have set in motion, these goals they would like to meet, these new lifestyle they have striven to live!  How about you?
I returned from my Christmas holidays of little exercise (which I blamed on the cold weather, lack of a gym and lack of time), lots of sugar and red wine (it was Christmas, why not indulge a little), and with a nasty cough and cold!  Hmmmm.  Bloated, scale up a little and sick...not so good.  I made some goals to get back to the exercising 4+ days a week, eat healthier (maybe cut out wine at least during the week)-less desserts, more veggies, and stay healthy!  I am training for a half marathon...which is in 5 short days (yikes it better stop raining down south), so that has ensured I keep moving.  I have plans to increase my weight lifting once I recover from my race and I am hoping to challenge my body to P90X...designed to transform my body from regular to ripped in 90 short days!!!  In attempt to improve digestion, health and workout recovery I am starting a supplement called Shakeology.  You drink it as a shake and it boasts to increase energy, regularity, weight loss, and to make you feel great!  Not cheap but if it does all that, I think it may be a keeper.  I will give the Shakeology a few weeks with regular exercise before I start P90X, just so I don't get the results confused and I will let you know how it goes.  These two products are both produced by Beachbody and you can ask me more about them or learn more on my website.
So enough about me, what are you doing to keep yourself focused on this crazy thing called exercise and getting/staying fit?  If you want to keep yourself accountable you can join the message board on the Beachbody site...for free...and I will get on there daily, post these blogs there too, and we can chat about how you are doing and where you want to progress to.  Right now my thread is called "Working out in Bakersfield", but you don't need to be from Bakersfield to join in!  www.bakofit.com
Let me know how you are doing and how I can help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment