Saturday, January 9, 2010

Avoiding temptations!

Why did I just eat that cookie?  Initial thinking...well, I didn't eat a cupcake at the kid's birthday party, and it is JUST a cookie!  Problem...it is a cookie and I have set a goal, and that cookie does not help me reach my goal!  Next time I will take a healthy snack along with me to a kid's party.  I know there won't be many (if any) healthy options for me, so to prevent me from being tempted by that giant tub of popcorn and those bright pink cupcakes, I will have an apple...and some water.
We need to set our goals and stick to them.  Choose a time frame, stick to it, take a break if you need it, but if you have a destination in mind...like a weight goal or a pant size, you need to go hard and not let little temptations pull you down.  Inevitably there will be wrenches thrown in your plans, sometimes you will waver, but don't let that stop you.  Workout for an extra 30 minutes tomorrow maybe!  That will help.  But keep on going!

It is weigh in day for the Bakersfield Loser contest.  The goal is to be in the top 85% for % weight lost!  If you didn't make that, you may be out of the running for the big money, but you are not out of the running for the biggest prize of all...a healthier and happier you!  So keep it up, work hard, and just say no to the cookie ;)
Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment