Monday, October 12, 2009

Step one Make Goals...Step two Work on making them HAPPEN!!!

Goals are a great first step...the next step is to get moving!

I ran into my limitation of "childhood sicknesses" this week!  My son is home from school today so I cannot hit the gym, but I can go do some dips on the coffee table while I help him with his puzzle!!!  Then maybe a few pushups!  Speaking of pushups, most women write off pushups on their toes as too hard!  But guess what...if you keep working at it, it is possible!  Make a goal of trying one on your toes every time you hit the floor for pushups.  Next time add one more.  The more you do them, the easier it gets.  So maybe aim for 10 every morning when you hop (or crawl) out of bed!  10 before you are allowed to sit on the couch and watch a TV show!  OR 10 before you get to have dessert!

So head out for that walk, that run or that workout at the gym.  It is the start of a new week, this could be the week you start exercising regularly! 
I would love to hear how you are doing, what you are doing, if you would like any extra encouragement... Just let me know!

1 comment:

  1. So I just dropped and did 10... My elbows only bend as far as a 45 degree angle so they aren't very good push ups. Usually my wrists hurt too much to attempt any sort of push up, so I'll take what I can.

    Good blogging :)

    ReplyDelete