Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Let's Get Moving

I was looking for a good venue to encourage my fellow mommies, my busy friends and my "girls" from the gym! As I racked my brain on how to inspire it seemed I had a LOT of ideas, so blogging about them on a regular basis seemed like the way to go.

My first post is about "Getting Moving".
It seems like such a simple thing but we are all so busy. Life gets in the way: whether it is sick children, a long day at work, its "that time of the month", my favorite show is on TV, there are all sorts of things holding us back. Find some time to move a little.
Go for a walk or a run with that sick child in a stroller. Do some yoga and stretching before you go to bed to rid the stress of that long day. Research shows that maintaining your regular exercise routine at "that time of the month" can actually reduce symptoms, maybe reduce the demand you put on your body a bit, but push through. Do push ups or sit ups or dips or jumping jacks during the ads while you watch your favorite show.
There are ways around everything. You might not get to that GroupX class you wanted to attend, or get your 30 minutes on the treadmill, but you can get something in there, and that is the place to begin.
Think about why you exercise, how you feel when you exercise and where you want it to take you. Next time I am heading to "goals"...the best way to keep yourself exercising regularly is to set yourself some goals.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting a blog! and sharing your passion!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete