Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Self Control

My son is working on self control as one of this month's "core virtues" at school right now!  He is doing well...he is making such good choices that the girls are even enjoying playing with him...and they have even mentioned it to his teacher...YAY for my son!
Well, his self control got me thinking...I am practicing self control with my exercising, I am working hard on self control when it comes to eating...so why can't I get the rest of my life in order too?  I have determined to set some goals up outside of exercise so I have more time to exercise and do the things I ENJOY doing.  Setting an appointment to clean my house, setting an appointment to walk my dogs, setting an appointment to use the computer and pay my bills.  Get it done at that time, then you can fit the "fun" appointments in!
It is all about self control...controlling yourself away from the useless and/or destructive patterns of your life and directing yourself towards what is important!  Destructive time may include idle snacking while you watch TV...drinking soda while you mess around on facebook (do you really care what that on again off again friend from 7th grade is doing this weekend anyways?)...Focus your time wisely and make more time for what is important, or what needs to be important to you! 
How are those pushups going?  Have you reached 10 on your toes?  After you get those 10 hold that position in a plank for 1 minute!!! If that is easy, raise one leg up in the air while in that plank.  Everytime something starts getting easy it is time to take it up a notch...your body gets bored and needs more to improve more...so challenge yourself!  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment