Which one are you?
P90X, Insanity and TurboFire are considered graduate programs. Sure you can start them from any fitness level but in reality you aren't going to be able to get ripped in 90 days if you have 100 pounds to lose or if you aren't physically ready to really BRING IT!!! That said, some people have been able to get amazing results in 90 days - some dropping over 60 pounds and finding the body of their dreams! In all reality it is usually best to find a workout that you will enjoy, that will boost your confidence and that will inspire you to plug in to 5+ days a week!
- A good place to start is walking. Go for a walk every morning, at lunch time, in the evening... whenever you can regularly plug it into your schedule! If you don't schedule it though, you won't do it!!! Change it up with bike rides and jogs.
- Pushups! Start with 5 in the morning, increase regularly and before you know it you will be able to do 20... on your toes - just remember to make a straight line with your body from your shoulders to your ankles (or knees), abs and glutes tight!
- Tricep Dips on the side of the coffee table or on a chair edge. Face away from the chair, put the heel of your hand on the edge of the chair, bend legs as you lower your body while bending at the elbow. As you get stronger, move your feet further away from the chair so they are supporting less of your weight!
- Squats and lunges are great for your legs and glutes! Any time you are lowering your body just make sure that your knees don't shoot out over your toes...
- For Squats-sit your booty backwards like you are sitting into a chair, chest raised and tighten those muscles on the way down and the way back up... hold and repeat! If you look down you should be able to see your toes and make sure your knees are pointing the same direction as your toes!
- For Lunges- step forward far enough so when you lower your body your front knee stays over top of your ankle with weight on your front heel and back toe. Raise and lower or do walking lunges!
- Pick up a resistance band from Target, a sporting good store or my Beachbody site and start doing some resistance training for other body parts! Add resistance to the moves above or throw in some bicep curls, shoulder raises and rows!
If you are just starting out and want some inspiration, check out this "Pay it Forward" workout with Tony Horton! Do you have 30 minutes? Give it a try!!!!