Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What is your biggest challenge with your fitness?

I love to exercise!!! Sometimes I let life get in the way and I miss a few days... which can turn into a few weeks and I wonder why I feel so lazy and lethargic... then I usually kick myself in the butt and get back on track!  I am lucky as I enjoy to work out and I KNOW how much better I will feel after than initial shock to the system of exercising regularly again.  The crazy thing is... you TOO will feel better after that initial shock!  It is just getting through those first few days of sore muscles and keeping at it!  Energy will increase, body will respond... you will feel great, I promise!!!  What do you enjoy doing?  Find a way to turn it into a workout.  Let me help you find a program that will work for YOU!  Take a look at this link and let me know what looks FUN to you. 

My area of weakness though is eating!  I LOVE cupcakes!  A few years ago when I lost 30 pounds I used amazing will power and through healthy eating, portion control and restricting calories - along with exercise- I dropped the weight pretty quickly!  Now I am trying to lose a little body fat, find my six pack and feel comfortable in all of my clothes, but I am not approaching it with the same passion I did when I "needed" to drop the weight!  Now it isn't so much for health but for vanity... and my passion for food is pretty strong too!  So is the calling of the glass of wine at the end of a long day :)

I have been planning, on and off for 6 months, to search for that hidden six pack again.  I have taken on the challenge of a new program, ChaLEAN Extreme, and am feeling my muscles getting stronger, but I need to take a few more steps with my nutrition.  I eat healthy food, I limit my treats, I only have a few glasses of wine a week, but I eat often.  Eating often is good... they recommend 2-3 hours between snacks/ small meals but I tend to grab a piece of fruit, a handful of almonds, a hunk of protein bar... pretty much whenever I walk through the kitchen! So guess what... Tomorrow has arrived!!!

My Challenge to myself: To actually reach that 2 hour mark between eating!  To resist snacking after dinner and instead make myself a cup of tea!  To make a small meal rather than standing at the counter eating out of the bag and consuming an unknown amount of calories!  To only have 2 cups of coffee a day!  To chew on a piece of gum instead of another handful of almonds!  To appreciate the phenomenal nutrition in my daily Shakeology and enjoy every last drop!  To enjoy my workouts and help as many people learn to love theirs too :)

What is your biggest challenge and how can I help you find a way to conquer it?  I would love to help, just sign up for the FREE membership at www.GetFitWithNicola.com OR select the club membership with some great features including nutrition tools and meal planning.  Learn more about it here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey han, I haven't tried the Ab roller! Great ab exercises are incorporated into all of the programs I use!!!

    ReplyDelete