Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Butt kicked and back on track!


Sometimes we all need a kick in the butt!  I am a healthy eater.  I usually choose a salad when I go out for dinner.  I rarely bake as I know I will eat half of whatever I make.  I buy lots of fruit and vegetables and choose whole grain over white anything!  My problem?  I eat too often and too much!  I took the rule of "eat every 2-3 hours" a bit too far!  Sometimes I would have a little handful of almonds as my snack... then I was hungry and realized I could add a few more calories so I grabbed some dried apples... it might sound silly and insignificant but it got out of hand and then I was eating regular meals and reaching into the cracker box along with my kids as well... all of a sudden my clothes were getting snug and I was even exercising 5+ days a week! 

It is all about choices and self control!

I drink Shakeology every day too which I love.  I realized though that I had started drinking Shakeology more as a quick snack, so when I drank it quickly I looked for another snack before it had a chance to fill me up!  Just like a meal... if you eat leisurely and wait a few minutes you will often find that you are in fact satiated, vs when you wolf it down and go for seconds then feel absolutely stuffed!  We need to be sensible.
I decided it was time to hit the Shakeology cleanse again.  3 Shakes a day for 3 days plus a few pieces of fruit, a salad with lean protein, green tea and lots of water.  So on Sunday I got down to business.  I avoided Sunday morning pancakes with the kids, I only had a piece of fruit between meals instead of my regular 4 snacks, I steamed a 4 oz piece of tilapia in some leftover soup and put it on my salad with the veggies that were in my soup, plus my 3 shakes during the day.  Monday went well too.  I watched my friends enjoy a glass of wine while our kids were at Catillion... I will have one next time!  On the way home we drove by El Pollo Loco for dinner to go.  I had a chicken leg (not super lean but that is the best I could do) to go with my salad I made at home.  Tuesday I had a meeting- had a few pieces of fruit at the meeting plus creamer in my coffee!  Through the three days I was never ravenous.  I did get hungry, I did look longingly at some carbs but hey, it was only 3 days! 
This morning, Wednesday,  I am down 4 1/2 pounds, I feel great, my belly is flatter and I have not even been tempted to indulge in snacks all morning!  The ultimate goal in 3 days isn't really massive weight loss, it is only 3 days after all, but retraining my cravings and appetite!   
Refocusing on what I NEED vs what I WANT!   
I am healthy already, I don't want to starve myself, but I do feel better when I am comfortable in my clothes and in my appearance!  It sure feels great to be back on track!

There are many "health drinks" or "shakes" out there to choose from.  I like Shakeology because it is made from 70 whole foods including many Superfoods (watch where the ingredients come from here).  There are no secrets about the ingredients, they are all listed on the bag.  The product is included in Foodfacts.com with a super high rating.  Here is a chart comparing Shakeology to some other leading health shakes.  See for yourself where things fall!  Head to my website for FREE coaching and contact me with any questions. www.GetFitWithNicola.com


1 comment: