Monday, March 8, 2010

Overtraining? or just overtired?

This past week was my fourth week of Insanity!  The last week before my rest week...the last week to enjoy the daily workout I have been raving about each day.  BUT, by midweek I was dreading my workout and trying to figure out how to force it into my day-and boy have I been moody!  Lets take a look back: I taught for two hours on Wednesday evening, then again on Thursday (on top of Insanity); I had meetings for my volunteer group on Tuesday and Friday; I have been stressing about my new house, or lack of a new house due to the bank dragging it's feet over our mortgage; my husband who is obviously also stressing has pointed out that I haven't got a few things done towards our new house when I OBVIOUSLY should have free time being a stay at home mom and all (I refrained from attacking...he is obviously stressed too ;)); I haven't been getting to bed before 11 recently; my 4 y.o. daughter is behaving like a tantruming, moody teenager; and I haven't stayed on path this past week with my goals to be more organized. I also have been a bit annoyed that despite my healthy eating and greatly increased exercise I am not seeing any significant changes on the scale!!!  Although my belly pooch has definitely gone down!
Hmmmm, on one hand, I don't have to go to work all day too!  On the other hand, I might have stretched myself a bit too thin!  Time to take a little break from the Insanity, maybe a yoga class tomorrow, and slowly work the heavy hitting back in.
The most common error people make is not exercising enough, but the other extreme is overdoing it!  This is a reason that exercise doesn't stick with some people.  They dive into the deep end, overdo it, work too hard and get exhausted, or just can't keep it up and they quit!  Moderation would be the goal.  I still plan to finish my program and I will, but then I think I will find a comfortable middle ground of hitting the gym combined with Insanity and a more laid back program like Slim in 6 or maybe I will get Brazil Butt Lift to get my swim suit booty ready...and work on maintaining the health and fitness I have worked so hard to achieve.
I think I have eaten all of the chocolate in the house so I should be safe for the rest of the day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment