Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Zucchini bread - take 4

I LOVE zucchini bread and I am determined to find a perfect recipe that comes out as delicious AND healthy.  I am focusing hard on keeping my eating clean... this recipe fits the requirements but still isn't free eating as healthy doesn't mean low calorie!  I enjoyed a piece with coffee this morning... I hope my kids don't eat it all before I get back to it tomorrow :)

I have been tweeking a family recipe for a few years and this one was pretty darn good while still moist!
Fairburn Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c applesauce
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c stevia
2 tbsp agave syrup
3 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c almond flour
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 c combo of raisins/ walnuts/ pecans (I just used raisins this time)

Beat the eggs until light & fluffy.  Add: oil, applesauce, sweeteners, zucchini & vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.  Stir in raisins & nuts.  Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until combined.  Put in greased 9x5x3 loaf pan, bake at 350 for approx one hour.

Almond flour worked well for me... the bag says replace no more than half of the flour.  Coconut oil gave a hint of coconut scent... maybe adding some coconut to the recipe might be delicious next time.  Sweeteners... original recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar.  I played with what I had.

I also made a chocolate load adapted from a recipe in this month's Oprah magazine... as soon as I relocate the magazine I will post the recipe :)

Join me on Facebook in my Clean Eating group and on my Fitness page

Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment