Monday, December 5, 2011

must get my workout done...

Its Monday morning, my weekend was busy, my house is chilly and I didn't get to watch Desperate Housewives last night!  I have office work to catch up on, my carpets need vacuuming, my couch looks inviting but I have a VERY important task that needs to be completed NOW so it doesn't get overlooked.... my workout!  Seriously.  Getting my shorts and tank top on is tough when it is cold out. Thank goodness I don't need to go out into the cold, just into my living room to press play in ChaLEAN extreme, but it is still cold in my shorts!!!
I have lightened up on myself this month... not getting upset if I can't squeeze my workouts in every day as adding stress to lighten my stress kind of backfires!  I am following the schedule for my workouts just sometimes having to push the schedule back a day when life gets in the way.  What is most important for me now is staying healthy through the holidays.  Getting enough sleep, keeping my stress levels down, eating healthy (most of the time), and getting a good workout in at least 3 times/ week!
There are a lot of temptations around every corner... yes, I enjoy some of them, just not every day and not too much!  I don't starve myself before a meal to allow for the extra calories, I eat sensibly leading up to the meal so I don't overindulge.
Enjoy sensibly.  Live for health.  Be a role model for your children and family.

Looking to add some healthy choices to your eating this holiday season?  Try new fruits and veggies!  Load these on your plate BEFORE the potatoes and other sides!!!  If it is fried, smothered in cheese or extra crispy... just have a bite if you must, but not a whole plate full!  If it grows it is probably better for you than something out of a package on the shelf!  Stay tuned for some great recipes this month!
www.GetFitWithNicola.com


No comments:

Post a Comment