Thursday, March 24, 2011

Shakeology 3 day Jumpstart/Cleanse - RESULTS!!!

So let me tell you about my Shakeology cleanse results, why I did this and why it worked so well for me!

Upon my weigh in this morning I had lost 6.5 pounds in 3 days!

My details: I am 5'11 1/2" and went from 172 to 165.5 pounds from Monday morning to Thursday morning.  Funnily enough, I weighed 165 pounds in January so I have fixed my 3 months of weight gain.  I eat healthy food.  Lots of fruit and vegetables, whole grains, no soda or added sugars for the most part.  My downfall is portions and snacking but mostly snacking.  It is easy to get in your head that you aren't full so you need to have something else or that you ate a healthy lunch so surely you can squeeze in an extra cookie (or two) or the kids are snacking so you will just have a bite (or 4 or 5).  It is so easy to throw extra calories in without really giving it a second thought and for me, that led to 7 extra pounds in a mere 3 months!  Stopping the snacking can be hard too.  Putting it off until tomorrow, until I'm not sick, until the weather improves... you know what I mean.  You need to get your head in the right place and be ready!

I don't usually have this much trouble getting back on track, but I tried to cut out sugar, dairy, fruit, most carbs and really decrease my calories for 2 weeks at the end of January and it put me into a tailspin.  Apparently my body needs something in there... and I'm thinking it was the fruit and the carbs as I love my cardio and I needed the quick energy.  So it was time to dive into the Shakeology cleanse!!!

Monday I started the day with a Chocolate Shakeology with 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries, water and ice at 7:30, a cup of black coffee at 8, Chocolate Shakeology with 1/4 frozen strawberries, water and ice at 11:30, 1 pear at 2pm, 1/4 serving of Shakeology left from my kid's breakfast at 3:30, green salad with baked homemade chicken strips, cucumber, green peas and balsamic vinaigrette at 6:30.  I needed my third Shakeology but I wasn't really hungry (crazy I know), but I mixed with water, ice and almond extract.  My workout was TurboFire during the day but not much due to lack of time!

Tuesday-Chocolate Shakeology with 1/4 frozen strawberries at 7:30, black coffee, Chocolate Shakeology with 1/2 cup cherry berry mix at 11:30, I had my salad at 3:30 today knowing I would be out at dinner time!  Then had my third Shakeology at 5:15 as I wouldn't be home until late and I didn't want to be starving.  Ate a pear at 8pm as I drove home from Fit Club.  My workouts were some low intensity TurboFire and a full intensity P90X One on One 110-30-20 workout at Fit Club (every Tuesday at 6pm at the Bakersfield Marriott).

Wednesday-Scale already had me down 5 pounds!  I knew I would need to add a few calories today as I teach TK at 6pm and need lots of energy!  Mixed 1/2 banana and 1/4 cup strawberries into my Shakeology for breakfast.  Pear in morning.  Shakeology at 10:45am with water, ice and almond extract.  Coffee with cream at 11.  1/2 cup almonds in the afternoon and my salad with 1 egg + 1 egg white, and 2 slices of low sodium turkey breast sandwich meat.  1/2 cup oatmeal squares cereal at 5pm to ensure enough energy for class.  1 scoop results and recovery formula after class.  Chocolate Shakeology with mint extract for dinner at 7:30 followed by tea and willpower for dessert :)
My energy has been good, I haven't been overly hungry, just found myself thinking about food a few times...but I could tell it was out of habit not hunger!  NO CRAVINGS!!!  I got my chocolate fix from the Shakeology and obviously had no nutrition deficits with all of that extra nutrition :)

Thursday morning - 6.5 pounds less on the scale and I feel great!!!
The big question is... will those pounds stay off!  I will weigh in again next Thursday and let you know what the number is!  If I control my snacking along with sticking with a solid fitness routine (RevAbs, I am diving back in) I am confident it will stay off!
I started my day with a strawberry banana chocolate Shakeology today.  I then had a slice of sprouted wheat toast with natural peanut butter and banana with my coffee!  I need to get my body balanced again so I will make healthy food choices, I don't want to starve  myself so I will be back up to 1800-2000 calories a day, and I will indulge on occasion but I will be sensible about it!  My health and feeling good about myself is important to me... more important than ice cream for dessert every night, and crunching on crackers or dry cereal while I get my work done, or even that slice of pizza at the Costco concession as I walk by at lunch time!  It is all about choices and they are ours to make!  What is your choice going to be?

If you would like help getting on track with your nutrition, finding a fitness program that will work for your or just motivation to get rolling and stay on track, I would love to help.  Sign up for FREE or for the club membership with great nutrition planning tools at www.GetFitWithNicola.com and let me know how I can help!
Check out this past post about Shakeology (from over a year ago and I am still loving it) and how you can make the price fit your budget a little better!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so awesome! Glad you had good results. The best part is it doesn't seem like you totally suffered either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 week later I was still down 5 pounds despite having been out of town on a family vacation and not getting my workouts in! Shakeology is not magic but it is a great tool in helping perfect your nutrition!

    ReplyDelete