Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fitting Everything In!

When life gets busy how do you fit everything in?  What are your priorities?
This has been one of those weeks where everything happened at once, and on top of that I even missed a few things as I didn't put them on "both" calendars!
Children, work, volunteer activities, school, sports, exercise, eating healthy, grocery shopping so the eating can happen, oh and, maintaining the homestead :) Sometimes something has to give! For me it is usually "maintaining the homestead" that gets neglected. Don't get me wrong, I wash the dishes and vacuum the main through fares but don't take a close look at my windows, yikes!!!
Children, husband and school are top priorities in our home.  So yes, sometimes the fitness schedule gets thrown for a loop when kids are sick, hubby is away...but that is why I have so many options.  Can't get to  the the gym so I throw in a DVD and work out at home.  Dogs need a walk, so kids get on their bikes and I run! Easy available options make it more difficult to totally miss!
Exercise is a priority for my sanity...if momma doesn't exercise, mama is usually pretty moody, and no one likes that ;) Right now I have my regular program at home with Insanity, within the next month I will change it up a bit and add some running (the weather is perfect for that right now), classes and weights at the gym, and I will focus on the Brazil Butt Lift! (side note, my MIL recently questioned my excitement of Beachbody products, questioning if they really worked...I accepted the challenge and said, see these thighs with a few lumps and bumps...see this belly with a bit of a roll...those will be gone by June 4th when I see you in Hawaii-Game on!)
Eating well is pretty easy for me.  We love veggies in my house and we just don't buy much unhealthy food.  If I buy some cookies for the kids for lunches, I buy a kind I am not crazy about.  Chocolate is my downfall so I try not to have it on hand.  If I am desperate I always have chocolate chips, but for me avoidance of my weaknesses is the safest tactic!  I also help curb my cravings by drinking a Shakeology shake every day.  It has vitamins and minerals, prebiotics, antioxidants, protein and amino acids and so much more!

There are still days I totally miss the mark though.  Yesterday being one of them.  We had Flyball for the dogs, Soccer game for my son, Birthday party for a friend, hubby was away and then I was pooped!  I only had one piece of cake, I otherwise ate pretty well, but next thing I knew it was bedtime!  Time to pick it back up today...that is how I see it.  You can't punish yourself if you miss a workout, if you have a bad day of eating, you just have to work a little bit harder the next day to get back on track and carry on!
The easiest way to fit it all in is of course to schedule, to plan and to make lists so you don't miss things and you keep on top of it all...and of course, don't have two calendars ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment