Monday, June 6, 2011

How will I fit a workout in to this busy summer schedule?

I cannot believe it is June 6th already! Summer vacation is underway in my home and I am trying to workout a schedule to fit in kid's activities, my workouts, my business, house cleaning, grocery shopping, pool cleaning... you get the picture... too much to do, not enough free time to do it in.
My plan? To schedule my days! I tend to operate better with a schedule and get a bit flustered with last minute changes so this won't be a bad thing for me, but I know that if I don't get my workout in during my "workout window", it very likely will not get done with creating chaos in the house! I am on week 10 of P90X, so I can't exactly stall out now after all of my hard work! Part of my passion behind my fitness is being a great role model for my children and for the people I am coaching through these programs... a good role model finishes what they begin (unless they are injured or have another really good excuse), but stopping because I didn't schedule it in (after the laundry and before the swim lessons), is not a good excuse in my books! I love my children and I plan to have a fun summer with them, but I also think that keeping my fitness where I want it to be makes me a much happier and fun mommy than I would otherwise be :) (side note, this is my personal opinion for me - I don't judge others choices, just sharing what is important for me!!!)
Whether you exercise with your children, take them to childcare at the gym, workout before they get up or however works for you, just make sure you model for them the importance of good health and fitness to a level that works for you.
My children start swim lessons this week, then soccer camp... I think during the week of science camp we might need to get some extra energy burned off with lots of evening swimming. There are a few great workout programs for kids too on DVD if it gets too hot out and you can't leave the house... Shaun T's Fit Club for Kids and Tony and the Kids.

If you would like help working out a schedule that will fit with your lifestyle, finding a program that you can work with or how to get started on Shakeology, please contact me and sign up on my website at www.GetFitWithNicola.com to make me your free coach!

2 comments:

  1. I am envious of your awesome life! I work full time and not only do not really get to enjoy summer with my kids but have to try to find ways to fit working out into my schedule. You are a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of stay at home moms end up wanting to be back at work, and working moms want to be home! I was able to find a comfortable medium that really works for me and I really enjoy! I can tell you that as much as I love my children, there are many days I would have preferred to be working full time out of the house!!! Have you looked into the Beachbody business? It gives you workouts to do at home when you have time, plus the opportunity to give you supplemental income and down the road maybe bringing you the opportunity to work at home!!! Yes, I am a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete