Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bringing it with P90X - 1/3 of the way!

So I am on day 29 of the 90 day P90X program!  I am loving it!  I have got all of my workouts in.  I did some minor substitutions as I teach Turbo Kick and PUMP every Wednesday, so I switched my days a little and replaced the Kenpo X day with the Turbo Kick workout!  I have also been doing the 45 minute Fountain of Youth Yoga from Tony Horton's One on One workouts instead of the 90 minute Yoga X!  -this is one of the two free workouts I got when I ordered my P90X, which you too would get if you order a program from me!
I have strayed a little on the nutrition!  The idea in the first month is that you limit your carb intake to 1 serving per day (plus a few servings of veggies) and lots of protein!  I did have more than one serving of carbs on many of the days.  Not a lot of servings, but enough to decrease the "fat burning" effect of the plan.  I also indulged a little over Easter weekend.  Not so much in chocolate, but in wine and carbs!  I know if is only 90 days and I know that nutrition is even MORE important the hitting every workout BUT if figure if I follow the 80:20 rule (hitting it bang on 80% of the time-which is actually usually 95:5), I will be in great shape!

So what are my results from the first phase?  I have gained .25" on each arm (note to self-don't go too heavy on arms) and I have lost .2% body fat!  I can definitely see progress in my arms and my abs feel awesome... just need to lose a few more % of body fat!  My weight is the same and the rest of my measurements are the same!  Admittedly I do not have much weight to lose and I already worked out regularly and I already ate fairly cleanly!  I do feel great though, I am already completing more pushups and up to 4 pullups, so progress is being made!
Day 28 was Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and it was a butt kicker!  I found it more challenging than any of the workouts in Phase 1... not sure why! but I love a good muscle ache if it is for the right reasons :)  Although I am sore I still have ample energy and drive to work out today as I drank my Results and Recovery formula and replenished my muscles with glycogen!  A mistake that so many people make, not feeding their muscles!  If you have worked out for an hour or completed a workout that exhausts you, you need to refuel withing 1 hour of completing your workout for optimal benefits with a high carb to protein (4:1) snack!  The recovery drink is portable and it works!  If you want protein, wait until after you have had the carb mix so your body is ready to absorb the protein!

I will keep you posted on my progress this month!  60 more days and I will be ready to dive into the newest Beachbody program, Insanity Asylum!  I hear it is pure craziness!

Let me know when you are ready to dive into the Beachbody fitness family!  Take a look at this video which tells you about the different programs that Beachbody sells!  Let me know what looks interesting to you and we will get you rolling too!

2 comments:

  1. This has been a very significant blog indeed. I’ve acquired a lot of helpful information from your article. Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us. I really love all the great stuff you provide. Thanks again and keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love all the great stuff you provide. Thanks again and keep it coming

    ReplyDelete