Thursday, June 10, 2010

Life is rough...in Hawaii!

I have been a bit out of the blogging loop for the past week...I am slumming in on the beach in Turtle Bay, Oahu, Hawaii! I know, it's rough! My children, husband and I meet up with my inlaws and SIL's family in Hawaii every 2 years! It is 10 days of playing, eating and relaxing. Fortunately my SIL and hubby are equally into fitness so we have enjoyed daily 5+ mile walks/runs on the beach and rocky shoreline! I have thrown in some P90X DVDs, a round of Turbo Kick plus some resistance band biceps, shoulders, back plus dips! You would think I might lose weight with a workout regimen such as this...but you haven't seen what I have been eating ;) The family also includes some avid wine drinkers, some exuberant food shoppers and the island hosts a "costco" so we have everything in bulk size...and it needs eating before we leave :)
I am trying to make good choices, I am keeping my food choices relatively clean, but when you aren't cooking the meal it is hard to put in too many requests (unlike a restaurant).  I am fitting my Shakeology in every day though!  It is helping keep my eating under control and, I will have to do some research into this but, I have experienced no "hangover like" symptoms despite 3+ glasses of wine on some evenings...hmmmm!
We have done some snorkeling, playing in the sand in jumping in the waves, searching for turtles in the surf, exploring the Polynesian Cultural Center, lounging in the pool...we really haven't ventured too far from the villa actually! Saturday will be our one SCUBA dive of the trip. DH and I usually go on 2 half day boat dive trips, but that will not happen this year. I did get a new mask to try out this time though...I can't wait :)
This afternoon though will include a trip to the local clinic as my son has a fever and headache which we suspect is a sinus infection...need to get that treated before the plane trip home!
I am just going to sit on the balcony first and enjoy the Hawaiian tunes from the wedding ceremony out front! Hope you are enjoying the beginning of summer as much as I am!
If you are looking for any help getting into a summer fitness routine for you, for your kids or for the whole family, just give me a shout and check out my Beachbody site!

No comments:

Post a Comment