Friday, July 15, 2011

Does Shakeology really help Cholesterol levels?

I have finally had my blood work analyzed post Shakeology.  I have been drinking Shakeology regularly for 18 months, but exercising and improving my nutrition for 4 1/2 years.
I searched through my old health records and found some blood work from 9 years ago.  This was before children, and 3 years into my marriage.  I rode my bike, occasionally went to the gym and jogged on the treadmill and lifted a few weights.  200 pounds
The next set of results are from 2 years ago.  2 1/2 years into regular exercise.  175 pounds.
Final set - current.  172 pounds!

  2002 2009 2011
Triglycerides 78 52 35
Total Cholesterol 202 174 156
HDL (good) 78 77 76
LDL (bad) 108 87 73
ratio 1.3 2.3 2.1
weight 200 175 172
Age 28 35 37

My triglycerides, total Cholesterol, LDL levels are remarkably improved. My cholesterol ratio was always good, as were my HDL levels!
My energy is better, my digestion is better, my health and well being is better.
This little graph shows that you can definitely improve your numbers with better eating habits and increased exercise... what changes did I make?

In early 2007 I decided it was time to make changes as my weight was over 200 pounds so I joined the gym with a friend and we committed to getting fit.  I cut back on carbs, especially white rice and pasta, which was a staple of our diets. I also cut back on my portions. I cut out some processed snacks. My fitness also changed. Having children in childcare I had to be efficient so I worked out accordingly. I hit the gym hard and I didn't mess around! I started playing with my kids more to burn extra calories during the day!  These resulted in the changes in my blood work dated 2009.

In January of 2010 I started drinking Shakeology daily, I cut out diet soda (regular was already cut out), I tried to totally cut out white flour, sugar, rice and pasta (having young children I am not able to cut this out of the house completely). I exercise even more efficiently and do a large portion of my work outs at home with DVD programs like Insanity and P90X. I am aware of all of the food that goes in my mouth. I still enjoy an occasional glass of wine, a sweet and a piece of pizza, I just don't enjoy them every day!  My blood work has improved again from 2009.  I attribute these changes to Shakeology.  Yes, I have great genetics, but look at my 2002 results.  Good genetics don't help you when you aren't helping yourself... I actually thought  I was pretty healthy at that time!

Small changes made over time can make a world of difference in your life!

Let me know how I can help you get started on Shakeology.  You can order a month supply - there is a money back, bottom of the bag guarantee.  You can buy a 5 day or 10 day supply from me.
If you are looking for a great fitness program complete with a nutrition plan and suggested workout schedule plus my support and motivation, just let me know what you like to do for fitness or take a look at this video and let me know what looks most interesting to you.
My fitness journey continues every day.  I plan to start ChaLEAN Extreme in mid August to stay strong and healthy.

Here is video link about where the ingredients in Shakeology com from:

No comments:

Post a Comment