Monday, November 30, 2009

Back on the wagon!!!

I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!!! 
Now the question is did you exercise, did you eat more than your fair share of the grub?  It is difficult when you go away, especially during the holidays, to stay on track!  You get off your schedule, you can't control the food...when it comes or what it is...but you can control how much of it you put in your mouth!
Whether you lost control or you worked hard and stayed on track, it is a new week, a new month for that matter and you can pick back up where you were and carry on!
Confession----I did some exercise, not a ton. I ate a fair bit...I didn't go hog wild, but there was lots of chocolate about...and cheese...and WINE!!!  I tend to enjoy my wine when I am away, and the food consumption really depends on what is present at the location I am at!
Plans for the upcoming holidays---set goals for what I can and cannot do.  Let people know in advance that I am trying to avoid high calorie food...not asking them to take it off the menu, but to have some other options!  A bag of baby carrots to nibble from instead of the bowl of nuts. Some fresh fruit for dessert instead of the double fugde caramel sundae ( I will have a taste though).  And maybe a flavored water in between my glasses of wine ;)
We need to make choices that help us out today and tomorrow, not just this second!  So give yourself a Christmas (or Hanukkah) gift and plan ahead to make good choices over the next month!  Your New Year's Resolution to stay fit will be much easier to keep than the one to start again from scratch!
Happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment